happy anniversary
On this day, September 16th, four years ago, I moved cities.
I was living in a city with a population of 28.000 people, where lived for almost 4 and a half years to get my university degree, where the furthest away I would go was the university and other than that, you could walk anywhere with less than 20 minutes. I was a small city.
Then I moved to a 350.000 people city, where the furthest I can go is probably 1h30min considering traffic. Doesn't sound much, but try getting out of town on a late bus when you have to catch a different one in a very short amount of time.
I probably grew up a lot since moving here. I learned how to deal with an accident (a month after moving here), how to look for new apartments, how to buy furniture, how to pay my own bills, how to plan a travel, how to well, be an adult. Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes I wanna go back into my 17 year-old self and never grow up again.
But most important, 4 years latter, I start (again) to wonder if it's not time to go. To seek different things on different cities. Meet new people, learn new things... Sometimes it gets old.
Next week I'll be 26. I'll be closer to 30 than to 20 (I like to think that now, I'm in the middle).
Maybe it's time to take those thoughts and make something out of them.
I was living in a city with a population of 28.000 people, where lived for almost 4 and a half years to get my university degree, where the furthest away I would go was the university and other than that, you could walk anywhere with less than 20 minutes. I was a small city.
Then I moved to a 350.000 people city, where the furthest I can go is probably 1h30min considering traffic. Doesn't sound much, but try getting out of town on a late bus when you have to catch a different one in a very short amount of time.
I probably grew up a lot since moving here. I learned how to deal with an accident (a month after moving here), how to look for new apartments, how to buy furniture, how to pay my own bills, how to plan a travel, how to well, be an adult. Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes I wanna go back into my 17 year-old self and never grow up again.
But most important, 4 years latter, I start (again) to wonder if it's not time to go. To seek different things on different cities. Meet new people, learn new things... Sometimes it gets old.
Next week I'll be 26. I'll be closer to 30 than to 20 (I like to think that now, I'm in the middle).
Maybe it's time to take those thoughts and make something out of them.
Comments
Post a Comment