How fast is time passing?

Just, at what it seems to be last month, this hole pandemic started. We freaked out, stayed at home and became obsessed with hand sanitizer. After a while, everyone just got used to it all and started to think it wasn't that bad. And here we are, a year later and things worst than ever.

I had covid. I'm almost sure where I got it - in a stupid move that only gave the regret of knowing I had new a new boss, but also a move that made me go into a bar with a whole lot of irresponsible people living like nothing had chanced. I was one of those people at that moment - adding only that I had cleaned every surface with sanitizer and probably used more of it in my hands than should be considered normal. Probably because I felt guilt in some way or another.

The fact is, I got covid there. 6 days later I was on an airplane traveling for work (another stupid move) and after that, on a bus to see my parents (too many stupid moves). Had a minor throat pain - which I considered was because of the air conditioning and thought nothing about it. Until I woke up desperate at 4 a.m. on a Saturday and decided to get tested, after thinking about every possible minute I had contact with my parents. Fear not, but the test came back positive.

After that I spent 8 days isolated in my childhood bedroom, listening for any or every signal of a sneeze or cough that came from my parents. After that, I spent 5 more days wearing a mask inside before deciding it was ok to go back to normal. I didn't give covid to anyone - not the people that were on the work trip with me or anyone at home, and for that I'm thankful. I didn't have any symptoms, which made my grateful that I decided to get tested. 

That was 3 months ago. I stayed at my parents house for 2 of these months and it's been a month since I came back home. And it's weird to see people not giving a shit about it again. As nothing is happening.

I also lost track of time. I only know events by if they happened before or after the pandemic started. I know I moved a month before the pandemic started - but even though it seems that that happened ages ago, I can't seem to point the time when my motorcycle had a flat tire. Or that I had to fix other things on it. I don't even remember how long it has been since my fridge broke. Time is getting hard to grab.

It's been always 2 years since I wrote anything. I tried writing about the products I was finishing, but when the pandemic started I kinda forgot that I had to take care of my face - specially since we don't wear that much make up anymore and use masks every time we are out and about. I bought a bunch of new products last month - but don't really seem to find the motivation to use them. I don't know.

But truly, I'm not complaining. Nothing it really easy - not that I'm having a bad time or being in need of something - but sometimes I think my brain is always thinking and always trying not to think about what it is thinking about. It gets confusing sometimes. But also this thoughts have me a lot of closure lately - I think that I never really gave myself the chance to conclude some things about other things when I was younger. But sometimes the thoughts aren't that easy or helpful. 

What did I even written about? I'm not really sure. But I think I missed doing this. Talking to myself isn't this amusing. 


Comments

Popular Posts