Long story short
So here an updated vision on my life:
First and mostly important, in just 40 days I'm finally travelling to London. I've been planing (aka buying expensive train and air plane tickets) since March, so being so close to the date is very much exciting.
Going to London has been something that I probably wish to do since I was 14. Well, since my McFLY era (if not my Harry Potter era), so going there is actually a child dream come true.
I thing I first started considering going there (because hello, it's VERY expensive) two years ago. I remember telling people that not on my 2017 vacation, but the 2018 one, I would go to London. And turns out, the universe was on my side and my company paid a bonus on March, which made things easier. Basically all the money I got from that went straight to the air plane tickets.After that, the excel charts were on, the financial plan for the year done and now I'm only missing a few pounds and will be ready to board that place.
It will be the 17 days of nothing-to-worry-about that I need.
Before that, I'll have other 13 days of nothing-to-worry-about with my family. Yes, you read that right, I'll have a 30 day vacation!
But while the vacation doesn't arrive, let's explain this year at work to make the 30 day vacation sound so much better than it already is.
So, at the start of the year everything was nice and fun: I was working with someone that was good, I got an amazing project at work, things were fine.
About the project: it's still going, it's still amazing but it's a major pain in the ass and I can't wait for it to be over. Until that, I need to find a solution for a billion big problems that I really don't know how to solve.
About the someone I was working with: well, she quit back in July, went to do some other stuff with her life. When that happened, they gave the job to another person (which I was good friends with) but after a month alone, just a few days before she was going to move to the team, shit went down and she also quit (she is finishing college, asked to work just part time, boss said no, etc).
So, while all that happened, I interviewed to interns (yes, I did an interview!!!) and selected two to work with me (just to be clear, by boss is in China and thought it was easier if I did it) and they started back in August. It's been nice, but being overloaded with the project, with them, my usual work and everything else, I can say that my mental stated isn't the best right now. But hey, at least I got a raise since by boss' boss new that this would happen.
Now I'm still with the two interns, but with a new opening in the team for an analyst and a new opening for a new intern. And yeah, next month will also be the first time I "fire" someone (we will not continue with one of the old interns).
But hey, what about your out of work life?
Well, it's doesn't exist. From living in a place where people are not that friendly and me not being friendly either, paying for a trip to London, there is not much money laying around. So, most one the time I'm at work or at home. Alone. But yeah, it's fine.
Long story short, I can't wait for my vacation. I can't wait for London. I can't wait for 2019.
Until then, I still got 28 days of work in 2018. Let's make it work!
First and mostly important, in just 40 days I'm finally travelling to London. I've been planing (aka buying expensive train and air plane tickets) since March, so being so close to the date is very much exciting.
Going to London has been something that I probably wish to do since I was 14. Well, since my McFLY era (if not my Harry Potter era), so going there is actually a child dream come true.
I thing I first started considering going there (because hello, it's VERY expensive) two years ago. I remember telling people that not on my 2017 vacation, but the 2018 one, I would go to London. And turns out, the universe was on my side and my company paid a bonus on March, which made things easier. Basically all the money I got from that went straight to the air plane tickets.After that, the excel charts were on, the financial plan for the year done and now I'm only missing a few pounds and will be ready to board that place.
It will be the 17 days of nothing-to-worry-about that I need.
Before that, I'll have other 13 days of nothing-to-worry-about with my family. Yes, you read that right, I'll have a 30 day vacation!
But while the vacation doesn't arrive, let's explain this year at work to make the 30 day vacation sound so much better than it already is.
So, at the start of the year everything was nice and fun: I was working with someone that was good, I got an amazing project at work, things were fine.
About the project: it's still going, it's still amazing but it's a major pain in the ass and I can't wait for it to be over. Until that, I need to find a solution for a billion big problems that I really don't know how to solve.
About the someone I was working with: well, she quit back in July, went to do some other stuff with her life. When that happened, they gave the job to another person (which I was good friends with) but after a month alone, just a few days before she was going to move to the team, shit went down and she also quit (she is finishing college, asked to work just part time, boss said no, etc).
So, while all that happened, I interviewed to interns (yes, I did an interview!!!) and selected two to work with me (just to be clear, by boss is in China and thought it was easier if I did it) and they started back in August. It's been nice, but being overloaded with the project, with them, my usual work and everything else, I can say that my mental stated isn't the best right now. But hey, at least I got a raise since by boss' boss new that this would happen.
Now I'm still with the two interns, but with a new opening in the team for an analyst and a new opening for a new intern. And yeah, next month will also be the first time I "fire" someone (we will not continue with one of the old interns).
But hey, what about your out of work life?
Well, it's doesn't exist. From living in a place where people are not that friendly and me not being friendly either, paying for a trip to London, there is not much money laying around. So, most one the time I'm at work or at home. Alone. But yeah, it's fine.
Long story short, I can't wait for my vacation. I can't wait for London. I can't wait for 2019.
Until then, I still got 28 days of work in 2018. Let's make it work!
Comments
Post a Comment